Our School App Stay connected on the go...
The purpose of Brockhill’s Safeguarding policies and procedures is to provide a framework to ensure every child who is a registered student at our school is safe and protected from harm. Our policies and procedures aim to give clear direction to staff, volunteers, visitors and parents about the expected behaviour and our legal responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children at our school.
Safeguarding is defined as:
• Protecting children and young people at our school from maltreatment;
• Preventing impairment of our children’s and young people’s health or development;
• Ensuring that children and young people at our school grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care;
• Undertaking Safeguarding roles and responsibilities so as to enable children and young people at our school to have optimum life chances and enter adulthood successfully.
All staff and visitors have an important role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from harmful actions and influences.
It is the responsibility of every member of the School community to
• be familiar with the School’s Safeguarding policy and procedures
• ensure they follow these requirements at all times and work in a way that will safeguard and promote the welfare of all of our pupils
• be alert to signs and indicators of possible abuse
Please find below a list of Key websites that parents, carers and students may find helpful:
Health and wellbeing Resources and Information:
For information about how to manage Online Safety and the ever changing digital world.
Kooth – an online counselling app. It is free for student to download and use and is manned by experienced counsellors. .
Yoti – an excellent app which enables young people (and adults) to have images of themselves removed from the internet. It also provides a way for students to prove their age. Verify people they meet or receive messages from online.
Health, Illness and wellness
Addiction, Drugs and Alcohol
Change 4 Life
Health and exercise
Domestic Abuse and Violence
http://www.domesticabuseservices.org.uk –Lists local support groups in Shepway.
One Stop Shop – Shepway - 01303 212720
Kent Safeguarding Children’s Board