- For me it is an absolute privilege to share in the Brockhill experienceChrissie Randall
- CXK - Brockhill Park
CXK provides a free information, advice and guidance service to young people aged 13 – 19, and up to 25 for those with learning difficulties or disabilities.
The CXK service is available to young people through professionally qualified Personal Advisers. they offer confidential guidance and support to teenagers about careers, education, training and jobs options, as well as other issues such as health, money, relationships and housing.
CXK Personal Adviser(s) visit the college on a weekly basis and work with staff to deliver information, advice and guidance to students on a one to one basis or in groups.
All students can request an interview through Mrs Oliver the Careers Co-Ordinator in the college.
CXK Personal Adviser can work with you to help prepare your son or daughter for the future. There might be particular times when you need our help, for example when your son or daughter:
- Is starting to think about their subject choices at Key Stage 3
- Is considering their options after Year 11. Personal Adviser can give them advice and guidance on staying on in full time education, starting work, training, work based learning or apprenticeships.
- Is thinking about further learning following their A levels
- May be experiencing difficulties and they need extra support to get back on track
- Needs advice on understanding the benefits available to them, such as, Care to Learn
- Has a learning difficulty or disability and needs help with their next steps.