Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Support Staff Vacancies
Library/Learning Resource Centre Mentor
Main Purpose of the Job
To manage, develop and promote the Library both as a quiet reading area and as a learning resource centre and ensure it is an integral and effective part of the school learning environment.
To be committed to exciting students about reading
- To manage the issue and return of the library stock
- Keep the stock and resource in good order and ensure it meets the needs of the students
- Manage the library management system and support its use by the students
- Promote a quiet and well resourced reading area accessible to all
- Support students to develop independent learning and research skills and work with staff to promote access to information
- Contribute to curriculum development including sourcing resources and materials
- Supervise students using the library
- Run study and homework groups
Education: A good standard of general education
Experience: Previous experience of working within a Library and with students is desirable.
Good ICT skills
Skills & Personal Ability to work alone or as part of a team
Qualities: Good organisational skills
Ability to deal confidently with enquiries from library users
Keen to promote a welcoming and helpful image of the library
Enjoy working with young people
Have an interest in children’s literature
Support and contribute to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding students
Assistant Site Manager
We wish to appoint a person familiar with general caretaking responsibilities and with practical experience in maintenance, decorating and or minor building work to help manage and maintain this large and varied site which includes a working farm. Experience of working with farm animals would be advantageous
A full driving licence is desirable
The Team work a shift pattern including weekends
Salary is in the BP Range 2/3 starting on £14856 for 37 hpw full time
Brockhill Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure & Barring Service and check against the ISA Barred List for Children plus verification of the right to work in the UK
Further information and application form are available at: www.brockhill.kent.sch.uk or from School for return to the Principal, Sonette Schwartz, by Friday 24th November 2017
Interviews from 1st December 2017